1. SAT/ACT – Be sure to register for the SAT or ACT if you have not already taken it and you plan to go to college. The SAT will be given at RCHS on October3.
Registration can be completed online. To register for the SAT, go to
www.collegeboard.com. Online registration for the ACT can be found at
www.actstudent.org. For both tests, you will need to know the school code or CEEB code for RCHS. It is 153085.
2. APPLYING TO COLLEGE – September and October are the main months to apply to college. December 1 is the deadline for early admission to many colleges and universities, however, you should check with your individual schools and areas of interest to make sure you get your applications in on time. To apply, go online to the university website. You may have the option to download and print a paper application; however, it is recommended that you apply directly online. Let your counselor know if you need assistance with the application process. IMPORTANT: Transcripts must be processed electronically. Students
must request to have a transcript sent electronically through the Parchment website, www.parchment.com. If you have not already registered on this website, please do so as soon as possible. You can also access this website from the RCHS home page.
3. COLLEGE FAIR – We will be hosting a college fair on September 17 from 6:30-8:00. This is a great opportunity to talk with college representatives, ask questions, and gather information to assist you in making your college selection.
Remember: you have 2 days during your junior and senior year that may be used as “college” days.
4. FINANCIAL AID NIGHT – Financial Aid Night will be held on January 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM in the cafeteria. Information for filling out the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be discussed. To file the FAFSA online, go to www.fafsa.gov.
5. SCHOLARSHIPS – December 2 during SRT A, Mrs. Alisa Winters will discuss all scholarships available to seniors through the Rush County Community Foundation. Those scholarships can also be found at
www.rushcountyfoundation.org. More local scholarships will be available to seniors in the guidance office beginning in February. Scholarships will be announced on Rush TV as well as posted on the RCHS website under guidance as they become available. All scholarships should be turned into the guidance office upon completion unless otherwise specified.
6. COMMUNICATION – Please let your counselor know if there is anything we can assist you with! It will be a fun and very busy year for you. Stay organized, be aware of deadlines, and don’t procrastinate!
You must be a member of this organization in order to leave a comment!