Free Youth Heart Echo Screenings (CALL TO GET IN THE NEXT SCREENING)
1300 North Main
Rushville indiana, 46173
To: 04/13/2018 10:00PM
We don’t want any of our children to miss this! These FREE screenings are available through funding by the RMH Foundation’s Jake McKee Heart of Gold Fund. Contributions can be made online at the Rush Memorial Hospital Foundation website. Many thanks to the family of Jake McKee for setting up and supporting this fund.
Youth Echo screenings provide peace-of-mind for parents by screening for the leading causes of congenital cardiovascular conditions that place children at risk for sudden collapse or sudden death.
Friday, April th 2018 — 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- RMH Imaging Department
- By appointment only: 765.932.7556
- Rush Memorial Hospital is partnering with St. Vincent Medical Group cardiology services by offering youth echo screenings on Friday, April 13th 2018, at RMH Imaging Department.
- Youth 6th though 12th grade are eligible for the screening funded completely through the Rush County Memorial Foundation Jake McKee Heart of Gold Fund.
- The Screening focuses on the four causes of cardiovascular compromise (including sudden cardiac death) in children: hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, Marfan’s aorta, mitral valve prolapse and aortic valve stenosis.
- The screening is non-invasive and does not represent a full 2-D echocardiography or Doppler Examination.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Results are mailed to the parents 10-14 working days after the screening.
- If screening results are abnormal, parents should seek follow-up care with their youth’s personal physician.
This is a limited test and does not evaluate for all potential cardiovascular conditions that could exist now or in the future including valvular abnormalities or coronary artery disease. The screening should not replace a complete cardiovascular examination if indicated by symptoms.
- Checkout other events happening in and around Rush County!
You must be a member of this organization in order to leave a comment!